QR Code Link to This Post
Articulate + Detail Oriented Attorney NEEDED for Boutique Family Law Firm
We are a modern and fast-paced boutique family law firm located in the heart of Beverly Hills that is looking for an exceptional, experienced associate to join our growing team! The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience working as a family law attorney with a strength in discovery preparation and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. You should be intelligent, thoughtful, detail orientated, hardworking, friendly, driven, and adaptable.
Our firm’s reputation has been built on aggressive advocacy with outstanding customer service — that means we’re always looking for ways to go above and beyond for our clients and we take great satisfaction in providing excellent customer service at all times. Furthermore, as a family law firm we know that we are working with individuals at some of the most difficult times in their life and work to treat our clients like we would want to be treated. Helping people and making a difference motivates us and it should motivate you too.
The candidate chosen for this position will focus on trial preparation including extensive preparation of discovery requests and responses, preparation of cases, sending letters to opposing parties, interacting with clients to discuss their case, preparation of legal documents, and requests for orders, professional letters to opposing attorneys, calendaring deadlines, ensuring all deadlines are met, general legal research, and coordinating with fellow staff and attorneys.
Please note if you’re looking to get into the courtroom this is not the job for you as it is office-based and focuses on paperwork and trial prep. However, it is a position that is arguably one of the most important in the firm as most cases are won or lost based on the preparation that happens before an attorney ever steps into a courtroom.
The Ideal Candidate
– Is a licensed California attorney
– Has a minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional family law experience
– Has excellent references from previous employers
– Has previous experience doing discovery
– Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
– Is able to organize their time and doesn’t get overwhelmed by a long to-do list
– Has a positive and upbeat attitude
– Is a quick-thinker and a problem solver
– Is always punctual, reliable, and extremely dependable
– Loves working as part of a driven team
– Is extremely organized and detail orientated
– Thrives in fast-paced work environment
– Is self-motivated and proactive
– Get’s things DONE!
– Has “multi-tasker” as their middle name — look up “triage” — it’s an accurate description of our day — we’re constantly re-arranging tasks depending on what’s important — that fast-paced type of environment should excite you, not scare you
– Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
– Never lets the words “that’s not in my job description” come out of their mouth
– Has a personality we’ll actually LIKE being around
– Enjoys responsibility and taking “ownership” of tasks
– Is proficient with Mac computers and Microsoft Office
– Has tough skin, isn’t dramatic, and can counteract difficult/emotional clients with empathy and positivity
-Possesses superior writing abilities
-ALWAYS wears a smile!
Weekly Schedule, Compensation, and Benefits
– Mon-Fri 8:00am to 6:00pm
– $55,000 – $60,000 DOE
– Performance-Based Bonus Program (Eligible for up to 5K/yr.)
– 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
– Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
– 401k with Employer Match
– Paid Holidays
– Amazing co-workers and a great work environment!
If interested, please respond by submitting your resume AND a short paragraph in the body of your e-mail detailing why you are interested in this specific position and how you feel your traits/experience make you an ideal candidate.