QR Code Link to This Post
Family Practice office seeking a medical assistant for an immediate opening.
The position will entail both front and back office duties. The position will be part-time, paid hourly with rate commensurate on experience.
Please include a cover letter discussing your strengths and weaknesses. Please also include in your cover letter or resume your salary history.
Do not cut and paste your resume into an email, rather attach it as a pdf or Word document. Applications without the aforementioned will NOT be considered.
Essential responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
1. Registering all patients and collect all documentation
2. Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance
3. Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider
4. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue receipt when monies are collected
5. Submit and review referral requests for completeness/accuracy and schedule any follow-up appointment as indicated
6. Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
7. Functions as a patient advocate ensuring that patient concerns are resolved or addressed expeditiously.
8. Performs and documents accurate preliminary data collection
9. Responsible for ensuring maintenance of all logs.
10. Assists with ensuring adequate inventory of necessary supplies and ensuring maintenance of all logs, i.e., Immunization/Medication/medical Supplies.
11. Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal injections and may perform skin tests
12. Administer oral medication
13. Perform venipunctures and skin punctures for blood specimens.
1. Ability to triage and assess patients
2. Strong interpersonal skills; basic knowledge of nursing
3. CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED IS A MUST!!
3. The ability to solve problems
4. Excellent technical skills
5. Time management skills/ability to multi-task
High School graduate
Medical Assistant certificate from an accredited school preferred but not required for exceptional candidates
Experience with a senior population
Strong computer skills, especially with Word and Excel and scanning documents into PDF format
Bilingual Chinese and/or Spanish preferred
Ability to perform venipunctures is a must!
Experience with an EMR is a plus!
This is a team environment where staff works closely together. We count on one another to be able prioritize tasks, to work independently, and to communicate with one another throughout the day.
If you feel you have the skills we seek, please reply to this posting with a cover letter, salary history, your contact information and your resume in a Word or PDF document. We look forward to hearing from you!