QR Code Link to This Post
Electrical Construction Estimator
LOS ANGELES AREA – Electrical Contractor is looking to add an Electrical Estimator to our existing estimating team. You can be a part of a dynamic team that includes talented, creative and experienced people in the commercial construction and electrical industry. We are a company with a “Family Atmosphere”. A company that encourages you to improve and grow to the highest level of your abilities and place where your ideas and input is always welcomed!
The Electrical Estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process. This position is responsible for accurate electrical estimates to insure competitiveness, profitability and growth on various commercial and retail projects of all sizes, including ground up, major remodels, tenant improvement and nationwide roll-out projects. Applicant needs to be self starter, with a focus and commitment to excellence. A Commercial Electrical Construction background is essential for this position, someone who came up in the ranks and understands the electrical trade ( i.e.; electrician turned estimator would be ideal). Someone with a strong Retail and/or Grocery Store construction/electrical background preferred.
• Preparation of complete labor and material estimates based on plans & job walks
• Preparation of bid documents, the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
• Close coordination with fellow Estimators, CAD Designer, Sr. Project Manager & Owners
• Additional duties as determined by owners
• Client Relations
• 10+ years as an Electrical Estimator
• Experience with commercial/retail/big box/grocery store Construction Project estimates
• Depth of knowledge with a wide variety electrical materials and methods of installation
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of the team
• Estimating Software experience a plus
• Read and understand civil, architectural, structural, etc. plans and specifications as they relate to the electrical work.
• Coordinates and attends project hand off meetings
• Knowledge of electrical NEC and local codes
• Computer literate in common MS Word and Excel
Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. EOE